Business owners and companies sometimes find themselves in disputes with their fellow shareholders or partners, customers, clients, vendors, lenders, trade creditors and other parties with whom they do business. Even in circumstances where they have valid claims warranting damages and other judicial relief, Mr. Salva is sympathetic to the potential costs and risks of any litigation to their bottom line. Litigation often can take over a year, if not several years, which creates for the client uncertainty in budgeting and business planning. A judgment award from the courts is also no guarantee of collection, but may instead lead to further costly litigation or even the filing of bankruptcy by the adversary, leaving you unpaid with only huge legal expenses and lower profits to show for your efforts.
To alleviate these real concerns, our firm emphasizes a pre-litigation strategy that identifies your priorities and goals vis-à-vis your financial constraints. We investigate and scrutinize the facts, objectively analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your claims and defenses and those of your adversaries and evaluate the likelihood of collection on any judgment in your favor. Our pre-litigation strategy includes deliberate and careful negotiations with an adversary’s counsel that exposes their real agenda. Throughout the pre-litigation process, we work closely with you and strive towards reaching a favorable resolution that satisfies your objectives and forever puts the dispute in the rearview mirror.
Sometimes an adversary shows itself to be completely unreasonable and litigation is simply unavoidable. We will zealously advocate for your rights and claims in the courtroom and endeavor to obtain the best possible outcome. We employ deliberate and thorough preparation of all aspects of your case to develop an effective litigation strategy and anticipate your adversary’s tactics, rather than merely reacting to them. We advise you honestly on the merits of settlement against the potential rewards and risks of taking the case to trial. That way, you as the client, are always fully informed. In us, you will find a law firm dedicated to achieving a successful result, while being attentive to the impact the litigation has to your bottom line.
- Mr. Salva has over 15 years of experience handling a wide variety of commercial disputes and litigation matters including:
- Breach of Contract
- Non-Payment for Goods and Services
- Default of Promissory Notes
- Tortious Interference with Contract and Business Relationships
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Breach of Non-Compete Agreements
- Unfair Competition
- Civil Fraud and Misrepresentation
- Shareholder Disputes in Closed Corporations
- Partnership and LLC Member Disputes
- Breaches of Fiduciary Duty
- Commercial Real Estate Disputes (including breach of contract for the sale or development of real property, title disputes involving mortgages, easements, or deeds)
- Employer-side Defense of Wrongful Termination Disputes
- Employer-side Defense of Claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Civil Judgment Enforcement
- Bankruptcy Litigation including Creditor-side Preference and Fraudulent Conveyance Actions.